National ‘Cook a Sweet Potato’ Day
Who Knew A National Day for the sweet potato! SWEET! Great food to include in your daily YUMMY! Not high in calories and full of good stuff! Here’s a quick recipe:
Roasted sweet potato & butternut squash Salad
1. cube 4 sweet potatoes and 1 small butternut squash & roast in oven at 350 degrees till just soft.
2. Mix in a separate bowl 1/8 tsp red crush pepper, coriander, and garlic. 1/4 tsp cinnamon and cumin, and a pinch of salt. Then mix dry ingredients well!
3. Mix in a separate bowl 1 tbls olive oil and 1 tbls honey. Then mix in dry ingredients.
4. cool potatoes and squash cubes toss with oil and spice mixture
5. Last mix 1/ cup of crumbled feta cheese.
You can serve cold or warm and always be modifies by altering spices to your preference! Try it ! It’s a great side for any meal or all by