National Banana Bread Day
Using a banana peel to relieve a bug bite! Will try especially living in south fl.
Five Food Facts about Bananas
1. Banana trees are considered giant herbs, not ‘trees’ at all
2. A cluster of bananas is known as a hand, each banana are fingers.
3. Rubbing the inside of a banana peel on bug bites are said to relieve itching and inflammation.
4. Over 95% of American households purchase banana at least once a month.
5. Bananas are one of the only fruits harvested every day of the year. They do not grow in regions that have dramatic seasonal changes.
“I’m getting so old, I don’t even buy green bananas anymore.”~George Burns
Events of February 23
Today’s Food History
on this day in…
- 1884 Casimir Funk was born. Funk was a Polish-American biochemist who came up with the word ‘vitamine’ later changed to ‘vitamin.’
- 1896 Leo Hirshfield introduced the Tootsie Roll at his small store in New York…
View original post 92 more words